Proudly serving Sarasota since 2000
i-Tech Support is your trusted, local provider of business continuity planning and business continuity solutions and services in the Sarasota, FL area. When you partner with us, you will get quality consulting to make sure you have a strong strategy to keep your business safe. Contact us today to see how we can help you with your business continuity needs.
Key components of business continuity planning
A business continuity plan is one of the most important parts of your business. However, like insurance, you will not see the benefit until it is time to use it. Business continuity planning allows your company to keep running after a disruptive event. The following are some aspects of the process that we can help you with:
- Business impact analysis: We can help you assess your business and prioritize which aspects to recover first.
- Plan development: We will walk you through developing the plan every step of the way to ensure that you understand each part.
- Testing and exercises: Just because it is on paper doesn’t mean it will work. We can help you test the plan to make sure there are no obstacles in the way.
Ultimately, running your business without a continuity plan is a huge mistake. If you lose your data or cannot operate, you could also lose your business. However, it’s also important to note that even if you have a plan in place, there are other mistakes within the strategy itself that you need to avoid.
We can help you avoid common mistakes
It is not enough to purchase additional technology to move your operations to in the event of a disaster. You need a team of experts, like us, to help you take everything into consideration. We can help you avoid these mistakes and more:
- Not taking small details into account: Companies often overlook factors like how employees will access data remotely. Our experts know how to implement a continuity plan that highlights the needs of your specific situation, so you have a plan that fits your business model.
- Failing to plan for employees: Emergency communication procedures and evacuation routes are crucial considerations when planning for employees. We will work with your team to get a strong understanding of your employees’ needs.
- Not explaining the process to your employees: Merely having a plan does little to ensure safety and success if your team is not familiar with what to do. We can help you create a communication and training plan to keep your employees aware of their expectations.
- Placing priority of operations over employee safety: While you need your systems up and running, employee safety is the utmost priority. If the environmental conditions or other outside factors are not suitable for safe work, employees must stay away. We can help you create a plan that balances recovery with employee safety so you can return to normal business without risking your workforce.