6 Ways to Save on IT Expenses
by Anna Trenary
Do you have a strategy in place to make your organization more profitable this year?
“Improving your profit margin does not mean you need to make complex changes to your organization or hire more staff. Simple changes, in the right places, can create a significant impact on your profit line.”
Technology investments, in particular, produce significant returns for minimal investment. Technology can help you save on IT expenses. This is because the purpose of most technology is to help companies be more productive, secure and profitable. Today, more companies are leveraging technology to work smarter, not harder, and improve their profits.
Innovations such as mobility, collaboration, cybersecurity, cloud storage and hybrid managed IT support are helping businesses meet their clients needs, support their team and be more profitable. Big name vendors like Cisco are designing equipment that lasts longer and requires less care. Eaton currently offers a unique line of smart energy-efficient switches to help organizations conserve energy. Cisco Meraki offers technology to simplify IT management, especially in offices with multiple locations. Technology continues to advance to help organizations operate more efficiently, profitably and securely.
Which technology investments can increase profits?
We asked the leaders at i-Tech for advice on the technology investments that have produced the best returns for businesses. Here are their top technology recommendations to help you be more profitable this year:
- Get an Estimate for IT Support: More IT leaders and business owners today are using managed service providers (MSPs) to provide some level of support for their organization. Organizations with IT teams are moving to a hybrid approach to keep their technology performing optimally and their team focused. MSPs offer a full spectrum of technology resources without the complications of hiring, training and managing a large staff. For IT leaders, this also means they get the flexible, extra support exactly where they need it. Companies with some level of support from an MSP generally experience fewer issues and expenses annually. Getting an estimate is a free resource, you can use to compare to your current IT spending and find room for savings.
- Check Your Telecom Expenses. Telecommunication is a big technology expense for organizations, and one of the easiest ways to save. Many organizations today are paying for more services than they need, or which may be available for less through telecom carrier. A free telecom expense evaluation will show the areas where you can save. Telecom is a highly competitive business today, with multiple vendors vying for business. An organization can reduce their monthly expenses by 7-25% through a telecom expense evaluation. i-Tech Support currently offers this service free to any organization interested in evaluating their telecom spending.
- Migrate to the Cloud. If your organization is not leveraging cloud technology, you are missing out on a huge area of savings. Cloud technology increases your data security, preventing repair costs from viruses and network attacks. Cloud technology also reduces the energy costs and the facility space needed to run your business. Plus, the added mobility allows you to work anywhere, making your team more productive.
- Perform a Technology Assessment. A network assessment is designed to help you get the most out of your technology investment. Technology assessments help companies be more profitable and make smarter technology decisions. Assessments help companies evaluate their technology, find areas to improve and identify sources of common issues such as downtime and slow performance that cost time and money. When performed by a qualified IT company, the assessment will also provide recommendations to improve network performance, fix issues and lower spending. They are especially beneficial with larger organizations of 50 or more employees.
- Invest in CyberSecurity. A data breach can cost your organization more than a tax audit. Cyberattacks originate from viruses, hackers, employees and even your competitors. Any individual who stands to can gain from the information stored in your network is a threat. Often, threats target smaller organizations because they’re less protected. As an organization you need to have a cybersecurity plan in place that includes more than a firewall and anti-virus software. Cybersecurity today calls for round-the-clock monitoring, active intrusion prevention and frequent security testing. IT firms like i-Tech Support offer affordable managed cybersecurity services and free advice on ways to improve your network security.
- Consider Financing Options. Financing makes it possible to get the equipment your company needs without impacting cash flow. More financing options are available today for small and mid-sized organizations to purchase technology hardware, giving them the same buying power of enterprise organizations. This is, in fact, how the Fortune500 companies purchase most of their technology. Most financing programs are funded by the manufacturers themselves, and there is a lot of room to accommodate clients. They typically work with authorized IT firms to make better technology purchases possible for their clients. Cisco Capital, in particular, has some of the high acceptance and lowest financing rates available for technology purchases. Their financing program allows organizations to spread the cost of technology purchases over months, or even years, giving them the technology they need and the time to pay it off.
“The best technology investment is a reliable information partner. Having a IT firm in your rolodex will help you stay informed and add to your potential for growth and profitability.”
As a leader, you are the steward for your company’s resources and the guardian of its growth. Having reliable information and trustworthy partners on your side to evaluate technology and make informed decisions is invaluable. Organizations like i-Tech Support have experts in every major area of technology to provide reliable advice for businesses to leverage technology, work smarter and be more profitable.
Here’s to a profitable year ahead!
Anna Trenary is Director of Marketing at i-Tech Support, a Total Technology Support™ firm based in Central Florida.
Do you need IT support?
i-Tech Support is a Total Technology Support firm dedicated to Managed IT Services, Advanced Technology, Cloud Services, Software and Consukting and Information Security Business Services.