Need more technology support?
Does your organization need more technology support?
Technology in business today requires several personnel to perform multiple roles. These include daily routine maintenance of the network and equipment, performing upgrades to hardware and software and ensuring continued network security. Each of these roles is vital to keeping businesses at peak performance and profitable. If your organization is experiencing ongoing technology issues, it may be time to consider supplementing your team with outsourced managed service support.
Outsourcing technology support is a growing trend in business today, both for organizations with IT personnel and those without. Business are looking for better ways to be faster, more efficient and secure. Simultaneously, technology personnel are becoming more focused on specific areas of technology. Managed IT Service providers like i-Tech Support answer a pressing need, both for business owners and technology personnel – the need to get more done quickly and effectively so the organization can be more profitable.
The hybrid approach to technology support
Business around the world are using hybrids of in-house technology personnel and managed service providers to handle the daily technology tasks required to be efficient, profitable and secure. While it may seem counterproductive to have technology staff and a managed IT company supporting the technology needs of an organization, it actually isn’t.
Organizations with inhouse IT staff typically use managed IT companies to supplement specific areas of need for the company while their IT personal oversee the execution of these duties, or focus on different areas themselves. The managed IT company may also assist in a number of ways, including handling daily support, performing special projects such as upgrades, assisting with cloud migration, building a cybersecurity strategy, or handling after-hours maintenance. This leaves inhouse personnel with the freedom to focus on specific areas of technology which require their dedicated attention and expertise. This strategic approach results in increased productivity, both for internal staff and for the organization.
6 ways managed service providers are helping organizations
If you are thinking about supplementing your technology team, here are six advantages managed IT providers give businesses and IT staff, so they can perform their daily functions more efficiently:
- Less Downtime: Organizations that work with a managed IT provider typically experience less network downtime and less persistent network issues. Managed services providers work with the team to take a proactive approach to network maintenance, keeping the organization informed about the sources of potential issues, taking remedial action and addressing security and routine maintenance promptly.
- Objective Advice: Managed service providers work closely with multiple areas of technology and multiple brands to stay informed on current technology and trends. They typically are qualified deliver a more objective approach to technology support based on an organizations’ specific needs. They can also provide more options to organizations on ways to optimize tasks and improve performance by leveraging new innovations, different architectures and the best solutions from various brands.
- Shared Responsibility: Because responsibilities are being shared between the managed service provider and IT staff, technology professionals can focus on the areas of IT they specialize in and can grow both their skill set and the organization a s a whole. This helps departments accomplish more of the necessary daily tasks with ease, helps reduce employee turnover and balances workloads to create to a healthier work environment.
- Supplemental Support: Having additional support through a managed services provider helps projects get done faster and helps organizations stay up to date with necessary upgrades and maintenance. Also, having helpdesk support available gives additional support to organizations when IT personnel is unavailable after-hours, on weekends and holidays.
- Increased Productivity: When team members focus on their dedicated areas of technology and business, the company itself becomes more productive. Sharing roles spreads employees thin and often leads to costly mistake and oversights. Both these can ultimately affect productivity and the bottom line.
- Reduced Cyberattacks: Cybersecurity is a specialized area of technology support that is constantly changing. New viruses continue to surface and hackers are getting more creative about finding vulnerabilities and penetrating networks. Cybersecurity is an area of technology that requires special dedicated focus, which is easily handled by a managed IT provider. Most managed service providers today offer a proactive cybersecurity plan to protect their clients network and confidential data as part of their service plan, ultimately increasing cybersecurity within the organization.
Related articles: 10 Things you may not know about managed service providers
Do you have a question about managed IT services or support for your business?
i-Tech offers Managed IT and Cybersecurity Services for business in Florida
i-Tech Support is a Total Technology Support firm dedicated to Managed IT Services, Advanced Technology, Cloud Services and Information Security Business Services.
Call i-Tech Support: 407-265-2000
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!