What is Cloud ERP software?
Enterprise Resource Planning software, or ERP software, is a kind of business process management software that integrates multiple applications into a single, centralized system.
ERP software can be used to help manage a business and to automate functions critical to manufacturing and distribution companies, such as supply-chain management.
Traditionally, ERP software has been hosted on the premises of a company. Cloud ERP software, on the other hand, is hosted and managed in the cloud.
Cloud ERP software is Software-as-a-Services (SaaS) and has many advantages over traditional ERP software hosted on-premises, including:
Lower Upfront Costs
On-premises ERP software requires you to make a significant investment in infrastructure, such as enterprise-grade servers, before you can implement and use the ERP software. In comparison, cloud ERP software does not require the same large investment, saving your company a substantial amount of money in upfront costs.
An on-premises ERP software solution requires you to pay for all resources needed to run the ERP software. With a cloud ERP software solution, the resources for the ERP software are leased monthly, so you pay for only what you use.
The demands on manufacturing and distribution companies can change rapidly depending on the time of the year or in response to a specific event. With on-premises ERP software, in order to scale up, you will likely have to purchase additional servers and other equipment to meet the increased demand on your ERP software infrastructure.
With cloud ERP software, you do not need to purchase additional resources to scale for the increased demand. You can simply lease additional resources for only the amount of time you need them.
Cloud ERP Software Can Help You Grow Your Manufacturing and Distribution Business
The use of cloud ERP software has been growing in popularity. This is mostly due to the ability of the software to help businesses manage various functions from one single interface, from any device in the world that has an Internet connection.
Cloud ERP software is becoming more commonplace, especially in the manufacturing and distribution industry because of its supply-chain management capabilities and its ability to transform your business.
Unifying all of the functions of a business into one single interface benefits the business in a multitude of ways:
- Improves the communication between different business departments. Different departments of a business each produce data that needs to be shared accurately with other departments. With cloud ERP software, all of the data produced by the various departments are stored in a centralized database, ensuring that no human errors are introduced when the data is shared.
- Improves ability to plan and forecast. Since cloud ERP software stores all data in a centralized database, company management does not need to analyze data coming from different sources in isolation. This allows company management to more easily gain insight into where processes are being bottle-necked and where they can be improved.
- Provides access to real-time data. Cloud ERP software provides data to company management in real-time. This allows company management to make and implement decisions more quickly than if the data had to first be collected and compiled into meaningful reports.
i-Tech Support is your perfect partner to implement and maintain your cloud ERP software solution
The i-Tech Support team is made up of business leaders and industry professionals who understand both technology and business.
i-Tech Support is an Acumatica Cloud ERP Gold Certified Partner.
As an Acumatica Cloud ERP Gold Certified Partner, i-Tech Support team can tailor Acumatica Cloud ERP software specifically for your company to get your company to where it wants to be.
Acumatica Cloud ERP integrates with a variety of specialized applications and comes in editions specific to the manufacturing and distribution industry.
In addition to being award-winning experts at implementing Acumatica Cloud ERP software solutions, i-Tech Support offers many affordable IT services that can benefit your business, including:
- IT consulting
- Outsourced IT support
- Network security consulting and auditing
- Backup and disaster recovery
For a free consultation on how Acumatica Cloud ERP can help your manufacturing and distribution business grow, contact i-Tech Support today.